After two action-packed weeks, this morning we say so long to Zgorigrad and Vratsa.
We’ll miss these imposing mountains that provide an awe-inspiring backdrop to everything you do and everywhere you go. And of course we’ll miss Toni and Rosa who provided us with the most amazing food and shelter, and all the Sound We See participants who took that creative leap of faith with us. But there’s a few other folks, unsung heroes if you will, who also made our time here unforgettable..
1. The rad popcorn lady at the cinema with the awesome new wave style and the beautiful equine smile (Joff!!!). She gave us each a pair of 3D glasses as a parting gift!
2. The smiley man in the wheelchair who rolls around Botev Square all day, taking pictures of everyone and handing them out for free.
3. The grey-haired busker who was rocking Let It Be on the electric guitar with absolutely no expression on his face every single time we passed him on the promenade.
4. The teenage guard at the Municipal Hall who we had to pass on our way to lunch every day who was first super mean and then became the nicest guy ever.
5. The soft serve yogurt lady: melon-vanilla swirl!
6. The tough guy who is always drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette in front of the little store in the Zgorigrad town square who loved to yell Can-AH-da!!! at the top of his lungs every time he saw Paolo.
7. The mysterious lady who lives in an old train car in the magical garden by the river with the friendly donkey always out front. You made a hanging pink and yellow planter shaped like a tropical bird out of an old tire!!!!
8. The world’s sweetest, tiniest shepherd with her flock of two.
9. All the friendly stray dogs and cats. You guys are the BEST!
Until next time, we thank you and we salute you!
2 thoughts on “6.26.17: We’ll Miss The Mountains…”
Where are you, Rad Popcorn Lady of my dreams?!